Monday, March 25, 2013

864


What is 864?

That's the final post count to the RobBlog.

I started this thing almost six years ago because I didn't want to talk about divorce. Over the years, I got over that, I fell in love and got married again. Along the way, I've posted many adventures, from burning blue belly cream to a Billy Blanks whoop-ass. I even served soggy spaghetti.

My intent was to continue this thing for as long as I had something to say, cuz frankly, I've enjoyed saying something. You have been fun.

But now, the time has come, friends. A few in your ranks have advised that the readability isn't here any more and that it's best to go out on--well, before I dredge the bottom. As this comes from multiple sources and people I trust, I trust that it's a thought worth considering.

So I considered.

There were other thoughts worth considering too: I'm writing a book that I hope to sell. If this blog doesn't work for its readers, then I'm best writing something that will pay the bills and keep my wife happy, cuz I really do love my wife happy. I love her always, but happy is a preferable state. She has an amazing smile. So I'll concentrate on the work that works for the benefit of both of us. I'll call it an anniversary gift. She'll love it.

Other considerations: without readers, I'm blogging for vanity. And although I may not have been relevant, I'd like to say I stood against vanity. Not the singer, she was pretty cool. I'm against the furniture. I was attacked by a vanity once. Just once. It's in my blog somewhere...

But now that comes to an end. If anything I ever wrote touched you, made you think or laugh, then praise God; it is his work within me that made it possible. And in that, am grateful to have been a conduit. That consideration alone makes it difficult to leave. That, and I consider you all friends.

Goodbye.

Rob Boyd 3/26/13

No comments:

Shades of Color: